The Good People 💫


Growing up, I was instilled with the idea that I had to be a 'good person'. That I have to apologize when I'm wrong, and maybe sometimes when I'm right too, just to promote peace I guess. That I have to be nice to my family, friends and strangers. That I have to tell the truth and keep to my promises. The list goes on and on, most of which I learnt consciously though.

All these standards, as a 10 year old I thought were so easy to be the only things to do to be one of the good people, to be the apple of everyone's eye. Until now ...........

Now I know no one is entirely a good person. Now I know you can't be the apple of everyone's eyes. Now I know you can do everything with such pure intentions that you end up being tagged with bad name(s). Now I know you can be a good person while still perfectly doing some things wrong. Now I know you could do a million things right and some people will see how you did it all wrong. Now I know that a lot of things could go wrong while trying to be the good person we've been taught to be. Now I know we will all make mistakes, but also that these mistakes will not and should not define us.

What I don't know is if we can still claim to be good people after all the 'wrongs' that should have been 'rights'.

If we can still claim the grounds of the righteous after lying to the faces of the people we love because we think we have to protect them from the hurt that the truth will cause.

If we can still stand on the grounds of the devout after we pull away from the people we've led to believe we'd never let go off, because we don't feel the same anymore.

I'd blame myself for making some decisions and that's because I want to believe that 'I can be better' 'I should be better' 'anyone could have done better'. All the while trying so hard just to reassure myself that I'm the good person that I'm suppose to be. But don't we all know better.
Don't forget to pour out all of your opinion to myself and everyone else reading in the comment section 🖤

Well, now I'm not 10 anymore, and I know of the evil eye 👁.

With love, Aminullah.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts