Our paths 💌💌


The right conversation comes easy. The right person to have it with? Not so simple. Meanwhile, it's not everytime that we decide to pour our souls out that we need a reply from the listening side. We just say it to them because we can hardly hold on to it all by ourselves.

Very well sometimes, we need the right person to speak to because we need the right reply from them that can put us out of our miseries. There's only so much we can keep up with anyway.

The interesting part is most of us are actually anxious to know what is going on with the person close to us, that we even sometimes get angry that they are not telling us what we want to know and hear. Yes, we are right for being so concerned about our loved ones but we might also be wrong if we put too much pressure on them. Everything takes time. So we have to give them time to settle, time to process their feelings, time to trust us enough and time to get comfortable. We need to wait for their own time, not our time.

I have had someone put so much pressure on me early this year just because I wasn't ready to open up about anything and it only lead to the end of our friendship. I don't know how it happened so fast but it got so unbearable for both of us at some point. I wasn't ready to talk and he wasn't ready to accept the fact that I was not that comfortable yet.

So when we think we want to do someone a favor by giving them listening ears, we should also be sure that they are ready to share their story because that is the bigger favor.

 "Though we all walk different paths, 
our withdrawals are always the same."

With love, Aminullah.


Comments

  1. You are so right. I hope people will get this right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm U just pull a up a nice write up I hopethis spread to masses Cox it been need by all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts