The one that got away



   
   

Relationships have always gone a long way. Some of which end up successful and some which are not just meant to be. 

Then there are the people who get away. Somehow we just can't get the discussion going. We can't keep the energy and the spark of the very first day when it seemed like we fitted into the same puzzle. It ended too quickly that we still wonder where it all went wrong. The truth is some of them always find their way back to us but most never make it back. Some of us still keep blaming ourselves somehow because we want to believe that we were the problem. Yes, you might have been the problem, but you deserve to know what you did that ain't right. You deserve closure and if you don't get that, don't you dare sit around hopeless filled with regret of losing the one that got away or chose to endlessly search for the one person that will make you feel the same way. Because you will always feel alright.


I met someone in February, and to talk about how easy it was for us to talk? The vibe was real and I must have imagined us being friends throughout the year. The funny thing is we stopped talking in April. At first I didn't want to believe we'd just stop talking like that but damn it was real. That it could take nothing but two months for it to last was a nightmare. Everytime I remember how good the friendship was I'd blame myself for being the bad person but one day I had to tell myself it might not have been me, the problem could as well be with him. Believe me I tried to get that closure but it was not just adding up. I finally told my sister about it and she told me what kept me at peace till today. She said "darling don't stress it, some people are meant to be in your life for a very short period and they will teach you really great lesson and they'd always leave a color of themselves behind just so you can hold on to that and not hate them for doing what they thought was right."


When people leave, let them, you never know what good that is doing you but notwithstanding always try to get closure so that you have at least the slight idea of where it stopped being the relationship you thought it was.


"Don't sit around hopeless, filled with regret of 
losing the one that got away.
Or chose to endlessly
search for the
One person
that can make you feel the same way"



With love, Aminullah.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts